Based in the Silicon Valley community of Fremont, San Francisco Bay University (SFBU) reflects the small, nimble, and entrepreneurial ethos of the companies based in our surrounding area. Our mission is to provide quality higher education to help individuals of diverse backgrounds, interests, and skills achieve their full academic and career potential. As a WASC/WSCUC-accredited, private, nonprofit institution, we recognize that our students must be prepared to enter and succeed in Silicon Valley’s most competitive industries. With a focus on innovative technologies and high demand career skills, SFBU offers degree programs in computer science, electrical engineering, and business administration. We are extremely proud of our culturally and economically diverse student body of local and international students, representing over 32 countries. For more information about this special institution, please visit: www.sfbu.edu.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
SFBU is dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and growth. Our philosophy is to allow our faculty and staff to be the experts in their roles, where they are fully supported and have the autonomy to do their absolute best work. The President will assume overall responsibility for culture, strategy, operational execution, management, and academic excellence. This role will be perfectly positioned to foster an environment that is inclusive, inviting, and safe, where students, faculty, and staff are encouraged and supported to learn and grow together.
We are looking for an exceptional Presidential candidate to lead and grow SFBU. Founded in 1984 as Northwestern Polytechnic University, we recently became San Francisco Bay University, a name that better reflects our location and connectedness to Silicon Valley, and our focus on education for careers of the future. Indeed, it is an ideal time for a leadership transition, as we seek an innovative candidate who is excited to help us rethink higher education, and what a small, entrepreneurial university can be. While prior experience in higher education is desired, additional experience in the startup/innovation economy would be a plus for this role.
The incoming President will be encouraged to design and implement new education and business models, backed by the resources and funding to make it happen. Our community of students, faculty, and staff is incredibly energized around our rebrand, new campus, and expansion of our online degree programs. The President will assume overall responsibility for the university, which is in a strong financial position with diverse asset holdings. Together with our executive team, the President will develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to ensure academic and operational success, and broaden SFBU’s reach. The President will provide innovative and entrepreneurial leadership to the university, while increasing student enrollment and retention, particularly from within the domestic market.
Strategic priorities for this position include:
- Continue developing SFBU’s brand and position, passionately articulating our mission, vision and impact in the community.
- Advance SFBU’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Further strengthen SFBU’s financial position, diversifying revenue and increasing enrollment growth and retention.
- Assist in the creation of new academic programs and initiatives to support growth and retention.
- Deepen our connection with local employers to support career placement and inform teaching and curriculum development.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for a charismatic, highly collaborative, student-centered visionary to lead SFBU into the future as the institution builds its reputation as a diverse university of choice.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold SFBU’s mission to provide a high-quality and affordable education to qualified students regardless of their background.
- Develop and implement a vision and strategic plan that reimagines SFBU’s future and reflects our new branding and priorities.
- Expand financial resources through innovative strategies to grow and diversify revenue streams and support academic programmatic growth.
- Increase SFBU’s visibility and stature at the local, state, national,and international levels.
- Be visible across SFBU’s campus and programs, taking time to engage with faculty, staff, students, and university partners; monitor quality and safety standards.
- Nurture the sense of community and belonging among faculty, staff, and students.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant university, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and oversight of all internal, operational, legal, and financial matters.
- Represent SFBU at public events, serving as a visionary and influential leader in the higher education community, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Partner with the Board to ensure fiscal responsibility, financial integrity, and internal controls are maintained.
- Travel at the local, national, and international levels may be required from time to time.
The President position is anticipated to have a base salary in the range of $270,000 – $365,00, depending on qualifications and experience of the candidate selected. SFBU also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Tia Anzellotti, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Ave., Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101