Marketing & Communications Manager
Who We Are
Our mission is to end the housing affordability crisis and homelessness. Founded in 2005 by Jennifer LeSar, LeSar Holdings (LeSar) has developed a portfolio of three distinct practice areas to address these critical issues:
- LeSar Development Consultants: collaborates with leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change through customized consulting services focused on creating physically, economically, and environmentally resilient communities.
- Global Policy Leadership Academy: prepares professionals and civic leaders to advance solutions to intractable societal challenges through a deep commitment to the development of shared knowledge, best practices, and collaboration.
- LeSar Support Services: helps clients design, plan, implement, and manage large social-impact initiatives through financial intermediary, case management, community benefit organization liaison and contracting, and grants management services.
Our approach weaves equity into effective solutions that embrace best practices. Headquartered in San Diego with offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, our nationwide team of over 100 professionals serves a diverse variety of clients in the private, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors. We are a proud WBE and SBE.
Leadership & Culture
LeSar is led by an experienced senior staff of proven industry professionals dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and growth. The Marketing & Communications Manager will report to our Chief Strategy Officer, Garrett McClure. They will join a dynamic team of 14 senior leaders at the holding company level, including talented experts with decades of experience in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors. Working collaboratively, we leverage our expertise, experience, and creativity to solve complex, multi-disciplinary challenges and make positive, lasting change in communities.
Benefits & Features
- Salary: $85,000 – $90,000
- Flexible hybrid or remote work options
- Reimbursement of up to $100 per month for cell phone and/or home office internet expenses and up to $25 per month for home office supplies
- 401(k) plan, with firm contributions of 3% of compensation per plan year
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability and life insurance
- 15 days of paid time off annually
- 11 paid holidays
This role will primarily be remote; however, the candidate should live in the San Diego area. Occasional travel at the local and state level may be required from time to time.
This newly created position represents an extraordinary opportunity to amplify our brand and drive impact. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Marketing & Communications Manager will develop and execute creative and innovative marketing and communication strategies to ensure we are prominently positioned locally, nationally, and globally. They will be responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications, marketing campaigns, PR, social media platforms, websites, and events.
This is a high-profile position within our organization and the Marketing & Communications Manager will serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to leadership in all areas related to marketing and communications. The Manager will have a significant role in supporting our CEO with business development activities at both the strategic and tactical levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, strategic, hands-on communicator to expand awareness about our portfolio of companies and position us for further growth.
Anticipated focus allocation for this position:
- Marketing and communications – 50%
- Business development support – 50%
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all corporate and executive communications, from content creation to dissemination and impact analysis.
- Oversee and manage LeSar Holdings events, including off-sites, key meetings, and corporate events.
- Support and execute investor communications and presentations.
- Prepare members of the executive team and senior leadership for interviews and public appearances; create, edit, and approve talking points for all major interviews.
LeSar Holdings, LeSar Development Consultants, Global Policy Leadership Academy, and LeSar Support Services:
- Oversee and manage third-party and contract marketing resources for our portfolio of companies.
- Ensure consistent branding and quality online presence for all companies including social profiles, branding guides (in partnership with our graphic designer), and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Spearhead PR efforts, including building and maintaining relationships with local media contacts; identifying stories, drafting, and distributing press materials, securing event coverage, and coordinating media appearances.
- Lead the design and content creation for all events and collateral needs, including blogs, invitations, flyers, scripts, annual reports, etc., and collaborate with the graphic designer on special projects.
- Develop and implement data analysis and continuous improvement processes for all marketing and communications efforts.
- Hire, manage, and train new marketing and communications team members if/when appropriate.
Business Development Support for the CEO:
- In partnership with the CEO and senior leadership team, support a comprehensive business development strategy.
- Support the CEO’s business development activities including critical meeting support and preparation, research, and post-meeting follow-up.
- Prepare talking points and high-caliber meeting presentations and materials.
- Superb verbal, written, and people skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated marketing and communications experience, including experience successfully developing and managing newsletters, social media campaigns, and corporate events.
- Effective management of multiple priorities simultaneously with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent follow-through and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with website design and maintenance.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Tia Anzellotti, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Avenue, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101