Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego (RCHSD) is the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare, and the region’s only designated trauma center and institution delivering tertiary and quaternary pediatric care. In affiliation with the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, we play a vital role as the region’s teaching hospital for the next generation of pediatric physicians. We are also a major pediatric clinical research center, working in collaboration with world-renowned institutions, including UC San Diego and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties surveyed by U.S. News & World Report, Rady Children’s has achieved Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence, ranked among the World’s Best Specialized Hospitals by Newsweek, and earned Great Place to Work Certification, a badge of honor validating our exceptional employee experience and workplace culture. For more information, please visit: www.rchsd.org.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
The Physical Therapy Department at Rady Children’s seeks to deliver world-class rehabilitation services for children of all ages, including therapy for neurological, congenital, orthopedic, and developmental problems. The department is led by a dynamic leadership team dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and professional growth. The Physical Therapist (PT) will report to Kelly Randich, Manager, Physical & Occupational Therapy. An 11-year veteran of Rady Children’s and a published researcher, Kelly started as a physical therapist and transitioned to her leadership role in 2015. She has played an active role in expanding the department into Riverside County, seeking opportunities for collaboration in research, including the development of a national continuing education seminar for PT practitioners. The PT will join a great team of 50 outpatient PTs across 5 locations working collaboratively to support the developmental growth of children throughout San Diego and Riverside counties.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Salary Salary $43.57 – $65.35 Depending on years of experience.
- Incentive program – with an earning potential of up to $6,500 per year.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 403 (b) with employer match
- Paid days off
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Alexas PLAYC discount (onsite preschool)
- Educational and mentorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance
This position is based out of RCHSD’s Murrieta Medical Plaza, a new state-of-the-art outpatient pediatric center located at 25170 Hancock Ave., Murrieta, CA 92562. The Murrieta Medical Plaza provides a wide range of pediatric services, including primary care and 15 specialty clinics. In addition to occupational therapy, various developmental services are offered at the Murietta Medical Plaza, including physical therapy, speech-language pathology, developmental evaluations, and the Alexa’s PLAYC (Playful Learning Academy for Young Children) childcare center.
Reporting to the Manager, Physical & Occupational Therapy, the Physical Therapist (PT) will be responsible for providing exceptional patient care at Murrieta Medical Plaza. The PT will independently evaluate the movement ability of patients ages 0-8 years old, through the administration and interpretation of standardized tests, clinical observation, and patient/family interviews. They will create individualized treatment plans and home exercise programs and provide patient/family training to ensure proper at-home implementation. The PT will develop and implement innovative and specific treatment plans to maximize the patient’s functional potential or return to the previous level of functioning, based on clinical findings. This is a highly collaborative role, consulting with the medical team and allied health professionals and documenting all pertinent clinical findings to render a comprehensive, family-based, or individual intervention plan. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, compassionate, physical therapist to join a dynamic team dedicated to supporting the developmental growth of children throughout San Diego and Riverside Counties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Providing Quality Care & Service:
- Actively support and promote our goal of being a world-class organization through excellence in care, education, research, and advocacy.
- Identify patients’ needs through critical analysis of clinical data to develop and execute a comprehensive plan of care.
- Determine and administer appropriate screening or diagnostic battery and interpret findings.
- Make service delivery decisions, such as eligibility, frequency, and duration of treatment; communicate treatment plans to the referring physician and others.
- Document the provision of all services following department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist to educate, supervise and mentor clinicians, assistants, aides, and others.
Putting People First:
- Manage patient information appropriately to protect privacy and confidentiality.
- Treat team members, patients, families, and others with dignity and respect.
- Analyze and solve problems by working towards a solution.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships and support team member contributions.
- Use the AIDET customer service model to decrease customer anxiety, increase customer compliance, improve outcomes, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to an environment where differences are valued and encouraged by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with patients and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Five years of demonstrated experience working in a pediatric outpatient care setting.
- Current California license in PT or eligible if new grad or licensed in another state.
- CPR/BLS Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego requires employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.