Director of Clinical Services
Our Mission: helping people impacted by dementia, fighting stigma, and supporting research. It can feel like an impossible disease, but at Alzheimer’s San Diego, we know that people can still live well after a diagnosis. We recognize the dignity of every person living with dementia and empower them to play an active role in planning their future care. We see the heartache this disease inflicts on caregivers, and we are here to give them the support and knowledge they need to become strong care partners – and to find joy in even the darkest moments. With a $3.1M annual budget, 27 employees, and almost 9,000 volunteer hours annually, we proudly serve over 25,000 people each year, offering all programs and services free of charge. Our team is working diligently to make Alzheimer’s a disease of the past, by connecting people to clinical trials and funding research for a cure.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
Alzheimer’s San Diego is led by an exceptional leadership team, dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and growth. Our focus is to allow and support our team members to be the experts in their roles, with the autonomy and resources to do their very best work. The Director of Clinical Services will report directly to CEO, Eugenia Welch. With over 24 years of executive leadership experience, Eugenia has led the organization since 2018. Serving people living with dementia has been her lifelong passion and under Eugenia’s leadership the organization has reached new heights, expanding programs, building partnerships, and diversifying revenue while ensuring that 100% of every dollar raised remains in San Diego County. The Director will join a team of 27 dynamic professionals working collaboratively to shape the organization and support the Alzheimer’s community in San Diego.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Salary: $85,000 – $100,000 DOE
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, AD&D, and long-term care
- Professional development opportunities
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 18 paid days off
- 14 paid holidays
This is a hybrid role with an office at 3635 Ruffin Road, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92123. This role is required to be on-site a minimum of 3 days per week.
This is an exciting inflection point for the organization as we prepare for our next stage of growth. The Director of Clinical Services role is an opportunity to connect directly with our mission and the people we serve. This key position is responsible for the planning and delivery of high-quality programs and services, which includes training and support for our programs team, relationship building among community partners, and oversight of our database. They will lead the development, execution, and evaluation of all programs and services and serve as a member of our senior leadership team. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, working across the entire organization to ensure programs and services align with our mission, messaging, goals, and fundraising strategy. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director will lead and mentor a team of nine staff, including three direct reports: a Clinical Advisor, and two Clinical Services Managers. This role is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic big-picture leader who enjoys designing and delivering programs that have an immediate impact. They will have the latitude to be innovative, creating and implementing their vision with the full support of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee our ability to provide high-quality dementia training, education, and assistance for Alzheimer’s San Diego team members and community partners.
- As a senior leader, support and exemplify our team culture of commitment, communication, clarity, consistency, and collaboration.
- Lead program delivery and department operations, focusing on both individual and team performance, as well as the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction.
- Support all programs and services, including delivery of presentations and classes, and facilitation of support groups.
- Oversee grant compliance, including monitoring of deliverables and reports.
- Track, evaluate, and monitor call volume and client interactions through monthly metrics, providing reports as needed.
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs and services and make changes for continuous improvement of quality and value. Provide guidance and support in data software and survey tools used to document and track all client interactions.
- Represent the organization in the community, providing education on the programs and services we offer, the need for those programs, and the impact of the disease on the community.
- Remain informed about current research and information relevant to the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Serve as a mentor and leader within the Programs team, providing training and support to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support the team in managing graduate-level interns from various colleges and universities.
- Master’s degree in social work or a related clinical field with at least five years of post-graduate experience. LCSW is preferred, but not required.
- Committed to cultural competency with experience serving diverse communities and individuals.
- Demonstrated management and team leadership experience, including setting clear priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, biopsychosocial assessments, caregiver issues, community resources, and social work principles.
- Comfortable with technology and leveraging it to improve workflows and program service delivery, including effective data management and evaluation tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, and people skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent business acumen: able to devote attention to both short-term and long-term objectives, effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent follow-through and ability to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high-energy, innovative team-oriented environment.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
For employees to work in the office, they must be fully vaccinated.