Director, Talent & Organizational Development
We care deeply about the health of our community and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
We care deeply about the health of our community and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, TrueCare has grown to operate 12 health care centers across the region, covering critical service gaps for residents of San Diego’s North County and the city of Perris in Riverside County. TrueCare also takes services directly to patients, operating fully equipped, mobile clinics providing both medical and dental services to communities facing access barriers to healthcare, such as migrant farmworkers, their families, and schools in remote areas.
Hosting over 300,000 visits annually, TrueCare is committed to helping patients achieve better health outcomes. Our board-certified doctors and integrated team-based approach deliver some of the highest healthcare quality scores in the region. An incredible 98% of our patients come through referrals/word of mouth, and we maintain a patient satisfaction rate of over 95%. Our world-class facilities do not look or feel like clinics. We incorporate the latest healthcare technology and work hard to create a beautiful and welcoming environment at all our locations. It is extremely important to us that our patients feel valued and cared for, with all our services provided in a bilingual, culturally sensitive manner, by staff who truly understand their medical needs and particular challenges.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
TrueCare is led by a highly capable leadership team with a clear vision for the future. Our organizational culture has a strong family feel whereby team members care for and mentor one another. We celebrate success as an organization while recognizing strong individual and team performance. Across our entire organization, we are united by our commitment to making a difference in the health of our community. The Director, Talent & Organizational Development reports to our VP of Human Resources, Chris McLauchlin, and will work collaboratively to ensure that TrueCare is the best place to work.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Salary – $115,000 – $130,000
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and AD&D coverage
- 15 PTO Days
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program for helping with life issues, financial planning, taxes, etc.
- Education benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match to eligible participants
The location of this role is hybrid role with an office located at 150 Valpreda Road, San Marcos, CA 92069. This role is required to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
The Director, Talent & Organizational Development champions TrueCare’s organizational strategy and culture by designing and implementing innovative talent and organizational development programs. They will manage and improve upon existing training solutions, leveraging best practices and introducing innovative strategies for implementation. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources and supervising the Manager of Learning & Development; this is a highly collaborative role, working with leadership across all aspects of the organization to ensure that TrueCare is implementing effective programs that are driving individual and organizational growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a charismatic and innovative leader to take our leadership and development efforts to the next level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the VP, Human Resources serve as an organizational leader and support to management in the identification, development, and implementation of employee strategies that enhance the overall TrueCare culture.
- Assists senior leadership in the development of plans for implementing workforce organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Participates in the identification, development, and deployment of competency and accountability models to be used throughout various organizational programs related to employee development and engagement.
- Develop and manage employee performance management programs aligned with key organizational goals and expectations.
- Provide leadership and supervisor development programming, education, and leadership coaching on professional growth and organizational strategy alignment to ensure all leaders and potential leaders have the necessary skills to succeed.
- Lead the development and implementation of succession planning programs in collaboration with the VP, Human Resources, and the senior leadership team.
- Provide leadership to TrueCare on organization-wide education efforts, including, new employee orientation programming and standardized department education processes/systems.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through learning analysis, career paths, and consultation with leaders.
- Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and change efforts using best practices in change management and communication (e.g., learning programs, manuals, program guides, tool kits, and reference aids).
- Works with staff to identify content and design learning solutions that are engaging, interactive, and achieve results.
- Develop curriculum for various roles and positions and define a strategy for delivering the curriculum utilizing various learning methods such as instructor lead, e-learning, and simulations.
- Evaluates instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs regularly utilizing survey results to identify areas of improvement.
- Manages the distribution, collection, analysis, and action planning process of employee surveys to ensure that employees see TrueCare as the best place to work.
- Coach leaders to effectively work with their teams.
- Serves as a leader and catalyst for supporting the organization’s diversity goals and initiatives.
- Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Successful experience working in a Human Resources leadership role, preferably in healthcare, including accountabilities for change management, relationship management, organizational development, leadership development, education, and training design.
- Excellent coaching skills, and ability to motivate others to achieve excellence at work.
- Excellent verbal, written, and people skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with various internal and external stakeholders; effective facilitator.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY:
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations. The State of California released a new order requiring all staff in healthcare settings to be fully boosted by March 1, 2022.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Tia Anzellotti, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Avenue, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101