Compensation: $155,000 – $175,000 DOE/neg.
Location: San Marcos, CA
Direct reports: 1 (Revenue Cycle Director)
VP of Finance – Revenue Cycle
Compensation: $155,000 – $175,000 DOE/neg.
We care deeply about the health of our community, and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
We care deeply about the health of our community, and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, TrueCare has grown to operate 12 health care centers across the region, covering critical service gaps for residents of San Diego’s North County and the city of Perris in Riverside County. TrueCare also takes services directly to patients, operating fully equipped, mobile clinics providing both medical and dental services to communities facing access barriers to healthcare, such as migrant farmworkers, their families, and schools in remote areas.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center hosting over 300,000 visits annually, TrueCare is committed to helping patients achieve better health outcomes. Our board-certified doctors and integrated team-based approach deliver some of the highest healthcare quality scores in the region. An incredible 98% of our patients come through referrals/word of mouth, and we maintain a patient satisfaction rate of over 95%. Our world-class facilities do not look or feel like clinics. We incorporate the latest healthcare technology and work hard to create a beautiful and welcoming environment at all our locations. It is extremely important to us that our patients feel valued and cared for, with all our services provided in a bilingual, culturally sensitive manner, by staff who truly understand their medical needs and particular challenges.
Our organizational culture has a strong family feel whereby team members care for and mentor one another, supported by a highly capable leadership team with a very clear vision for the future. We celebrate success as an organization, while recognizing strong individual and team performance. Across our entire organization, we are united by our commitment to making a difference in the health of our community. For more information, please visit: https://truecare.org/.
To support our ongoing growth, TrueCare has created a new executive level leadership position within the finance team. The Vice President of Finance – Revenue Cycle will be based at our main office in San Marcos, CA and will serve as a strong leader and strategic thought partner to our CFO. This role will be a key member of the senior leadership team, managing the entire revenue cycle for our multi-site community health system. This new leadership position will serve as the critical link between billing and finance, to ensure our revenue cycle strategy and operations are working in sync to maximize the financial health of our organization. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who brings a strategic mindset focused on growth and building financial strength. In addition to the CFO, the VP will also serve as a close advisor to the CEO and the rest of our leadership team in all matters related to the revenue cycle. As such, they must be highly skilled at communicating in all directions to include C-level leaders, Board Members, fellow VP’s, and team members.
Priority areas for this position include:
- Conduct a top-to-bottom review and analysis of our current revenue cycle strategy and operations; recommend changes and upgrades as needed.
- Assist the department in getting up-to-speed with the new EPIC system, particularly with regards to reporting functions.
- Assess the department’s current structure to ensure optimal staffing levels; provide ongoing coaching and mentoring help each individual reach their full potential.
Areas of Responsibility
Finance Leadership (65%):
- Apply highly developed revenue cycle management expertise, including experience working with all provider types, across the continuum of care.
- Lead change management initiatives including continuous process and quality improvement.
- Develop a long-range plan for maximizing cash flow from patient services and minimizing cash carried in receivables or lost through contracting processes.
- Assist in building a culture of growth and fiscal responsibility across the organization, demonstrating how each employee can support TrueCare’s financial health.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors and its committees in all revenue-related areas.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and accountability, ensuring the highest level of internal and external customer service.
- Work diligently to ensure a high level of connectivity and communication across the Finance and Billing teams.
- Ensure the highest quality standards, including compliance with HIPAA, as well as Federal and third-party regulations.
- Develop best practice revenue cycle benchmarks for Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organizations and track TrueCare’s performance against those benchmarks.
- Provide insight and guidance to the Chief Financial Officer and CEO to assist in strategic financial planning for the organization.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for team members, including professional development and succession planning.
- Oversee training for policies and procedures for all functions related to the revenue cycle.
- Ensure staff provide the highest level of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Meet with health center managers at least quarterly to ensure understanding and knowledge each individual center’s financial health and their role supporting the overall financial health of the entire organization.
Management & Operations (35%)
- Assure compliance with GAPP and maintain fiscal internal control procedures.
- Utilize proven E-HR system experience (EPIC preferred).
- Coordinate accurate monthly financial statements for health center, administration, and executive management, the Board of Directors, and the Fiscal Committee.
- Prepare government reports ensuring timely filings as required.
- Maintain cash control and daily cash reports.
- Assist in general audits as required by TrueCare’s various funding sources.
- Analyze data from multiple sources, including patient accounting data, claims data, and clinical data from electronic medical records to identify potential revenue cycle and operational improvements.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting, including participation in business development and financing projects.
- Prepare and assist in Medicare cost reports and our annual Medi-Cal reconciliation submission.
- Review and update sliding fees and fee schedules on a regular basis as well as explanation of benefit forms received through the reimbursement process.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretations.
- Provide accurate detailed audit documentation for internal and external audits; ensure processes are compliant with billing policies and procedures.
- Review journal entries for revenues and allowance for doubtful accounts during month-end close.
- Partner with the executive team and other departments to improve billing workflow.
- Document procedures as needed.
Attributes & Work Style
- Passionate: a committed advocate for access to quality healthcare and service to diverse communities throughout North County San Diego.
- Analytical: uses well-researched numbers and other datapoints to support strategies and business plans; ability to carefully study issues, identify trends and formulate new ideas.
- Collaborative: fosters a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment; skilled at working with multigenerational teams; ability to engage staff and develop each team member to their fullest potential.
- Communicative: strong written and oral communication skills; an exceptional communicator who works diligently to keep others informed and break down communications silos.
- Supportive: ability to synthesize complex financial information into actionable datapoints for nonfinance team members; comfortable producing management level financial summaries to facilitate decision making at the executive leadership and board levels.
- Innovative: asks lots of questions and is not afraid to propose outside-the-box solutions.
- Strategic: ability to see across the entire organization, with an appreciation for the interconnectedness of all the various people and functions; understands “the big picture” and the role each area plays in the revenue cycle and overall financial health of the organization.
- Self-actualized: possesses a strong sense of motivation and initiative with a focus on learning and continuous improvement; applies a growth mindset to everything they do.
- Tactical: someone who enjoys formulating aggressive goals and designing innovative, yet practical methods for achieving them.
- Transparent: a collaborative leader who empowers others through sharing information; communicates the “why” behind decisions.
- Confident: comfortable speaking to large groups, able to present and defend an idea or recommendation before executive leaders.
- Approachable: accessible and welcoming; a true “people-person” who enjoys managing teams and promotes an open-door policy and culture.
- Accountability: follows through on commitments and responsibilities; holds others to the same standards of performance and fairness.
- Reflective: a skilled listener who is effective at giving and receiving feedback and critique; not afraid to have difficult conversations.
- Patient: someone who looks, listens, and seeks to understand before acting.
- BA in business with emphasis in accounting, business administration or public administration.
- MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting, billing, and financial reporting functions, preferably in a non-profit and/or health care environment.
- Experience working with/within Federally Qualified Health Centers preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish helpful.
- Knowledge of State of California rate setting, Medicare & Medi-Cal cost reporting very helpful.
- Experience with negotiations and managing contracts.
- Must have reliable transportation for travel to trainings and meetings, as needed.
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
For More Information Or To Apply, Please Contact:
Tia Anzellotti, Director
Blair Search Partners
1855 1st Ave., Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101