Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: 15-20 bakery employees
Location: Three (3) locations in San Diego (Carlsbad, Carmel Valley or floating position within Central San Diego)
WHO WE ARE:
As America’s first and largest franchise operator for Nothing Bundt Cakes, our company has built a thriving business across San Diego County over the past 12 years. Today, our operations have expanded to include seven retail locations, a corporate office in Sorrento Valley, and a team of over 130 staff. We are proud to be part of the Nothing Bundt Cakes brand, which has built a nationwide reputation for a unique, exceedingly high-quality product. Our success is based on absolute attention to detail, applied across every aspect of our operations, from sourcing the freshest ingredients to product detailing and display. While our cakes are fun, creative and whimsical, we take our business very seriously. Nothing Bundt Cakes operates in an extremely competitive retail environment, and so our ongoing success depends on our professionalism, strategic thinking, and unwavering operational excellence.
Please visit www.nothingbundtcakes.com for more company information.
Nothing Bundt Cakes – San Diego is adding up to three Bakery Manager positions to our team, which will oversee all aspects of the bakery’s daily operations for their assigned location (Carlsbad, Carmel Valley, or a floating manager within Central San Diego). From open to close, the bakery is a fast-paced environment with high-volume production and customer visits. The Bakery Manager has overall responsibility for running each of the departments, which includes baking, frosting, and guest service. The Manager is both driven and flexible, with the ability to quickly address any challenge or situation that might arise in the bakery. She/he ensures our guests enjoy a fantastic experience, while focusing on safety and impeccable quality.
- This position requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, move around the bakery quickly, and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Managers must be available to work during all operating hours.
Bakery Operations: Ultimate responsibility for the bakery’s day-to-day performance.
- Understand and be able to work in each position in the bakery so that operations run smoothly.
- Monitor cake and supply inventory (retail, dry goods, etc.) and place bi-weekly orders.
- Guest relations, assistance and customer service.
- Monitor bakery expenses in order to ensure production and sales goals.
- Maintain all bakery equipment; report needed repairs.
- Daily activities including opening/closing bakery, marketing plan, cleanliness checks and order fulfilment plans.
Staff Management: Manage multiple departments, ensuring a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Train, supervise and manage every team member within the bakery; roles include baking, frosting, guest service and dishwashing.
- Ensure the bakery is fully staffed for each shift.
- Supervise and support all employees in every phase of product preparation and guest service.
- Schedule day-to-day staffing.
- Complete timecards and submit payroll.
- Create a positive work environment.
Quality Control: Uphold the Nothing Bundt Cakes brand and standards.
- Maintain superior product quality in cakes and retail inventory.
- Stay compliant on all new policies, procedures, and laws.
- Comply with all safety standards and health code regulations.
ATTRIBUTES & WORK STYLE:
- Energy:enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of vitality.
- Professional: cultivates respect from and for staff members; maintains appropriate working relationships with all team members.
- Directness:strong communicator; sets clear priorities and boundaries.
- Speed:ability to think fast and move fast.
- Accessible:must be available evenings and weekends via cell phone.
- Tactful:comfortable being polite but very direct, as situations might require.
- Coaching and Mentoring: demonstrated ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Accountable:holds themselves and others to high standards.
- Meticulous:exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Perseverance:sees things through to completion; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Prioritization and Delegation: keen understanding of time management and urgency.
- Planning and Process Management: exceptional mind for optimizing workflow and managing people, systems and procedures.
- Organization:exceptionally organized and efficient, both personally and professionally.
- Flexibility and Problem Solving: open to change; highly adaptable as situations might require.
- Leadership:preference for leading from the front, pitching in to assist at any level, as circumstances require.
- Thick skinned:willing and able to have the difficult conversations as/when required.
- Entrepreneurial: creative thinker, focused on solutions and outcomes.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Direct experience working within the retail, hospitality and/or food sector.
- 2+ years of management level work experience in the food and/or retail industry required.
- 2+ years of experience coaching and managing staff to achieve goals/targets.
- Hands-on experience managing or working in a franchise operation preferred.
- Experience overseeing a large workforce with a significant number of entry-level employees.
- Knowledgeable about budgets and P&L statements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Understands CA labor law.
- Flexible schedule, open availability Monday-Sunday, with an average of one weekend day worked per week. Must be able to work holidays and evening shifts.
- During peak holiday periods, must be flexible to work up to 50-55 hours per week including: Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the week before Thanksgiving, and the month of December.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the role; standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching and lifting to 60 lbs.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Sarah Thompson, Director, Blair Search Partners
550 West B Street, 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101