Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is a 524-bed pediatric care facility and the largest children’s hospital in California (based on admissions). The region’s only designated pediatric trauma center. we are the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare. Rady Children’s is ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties surveyed by U.S. News & World Report and has achieved Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence. As a nonprofit organization, Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego relies on the fundraising efforts of its Foundation team to support the mission. Of note, the Foundation’s 2017 Annual Employee Survey, conducted through The Advisory Board Company, scored a 97% employee engagement rating. The Event Operations Specialist is based within the Foundation. For more information, visit www.radyfoundation.org.
The Event Operations Specialist will assist the department to produce numerous high-quality events and meetings throughout the year, in support of Foundation and Hospital fundraising and engagement goals. As a member of the special events team, the Operations Specialist will support large annual events (up to 1,000 guests each) plus smaller engagements each month. This position will closely support the Special Events Director and will be an integral member of the Foundation’s Marketing and Donor Communications department. The Operations Specialist will also work closely the Director of Donor Stewardship, Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Communications and other Events Officers. The ultimate focus is to support the department’s mission of producing events that embody and elevate the Rady Children’s brand, vision and financial support.
Anticipated focus allocation for the position:
- Daily office/department operations, such as contracts and invoices.
- Support the Director of Special Events.
- Support the Special Event Officers and other team members with major events.
- Lead the planning and execution of events and meetings for internal audience
Required Attributes, Skills & Experience:
- Special Event Operations Experience – 2 years of experience minimum; 4+ years preferred. Experience must include production of large-scale events for nonprofit organizations.
- Administration – Proven administration skills and extremely high attention to detail.
- Time Management – Works efficiently under pressure and consistently meets deadlines.
- Interpersonal Skills – Skilled at listening to, connecting with, and inspiring a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Organized – Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities accordingly.
- Team player – Creates positive work relationships and contributes to our organizational culture;
someone who is enjoyable to work with.
- Communicative – Articulate, poised, and possesses exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Creative – Someone who enjoys finding solutions and welcomes new ideas.
- Technological Proficiencies – Experience with Blackbaud non-profit applications preferred.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree at minimum.
- Schedule – Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Daily office/department operations
- Manage event budgets, expenses, and invoicing.
- Work closely with accounting to process and resolve event-related expenses.
- Coordinate the contract review process.
- Facilitate the sharing of information between the special events team and various Foundation and Hospital departments.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s stewardship and communications staff to manage workflow and to collaborate as required.
- Ensure event-related data is tracked and recorded appropriately; produces reports as required for planning and review purposes
- Support the Director of Special Events
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Director of Special Events.
- Communicate effectively on behalf of the Director to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Special Event Officers with major events
- Assist the Special Event Officers in all areas of special event production.
- Provide excellent customer service to board members, prospects, donors, colleagues, clinical partners, volunteers and Foundation and Hospital leadership.
- Work closely with supervisors to collaborate on other stewardship efforts when necessary.
- Use good decision making to support team members and coworkers; work collaboratively with all foundation staff and Hospital staff to resolve issues.
- Maintain the RSVP list/registration process.
- Lead the planning and execution of internal events
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for a variety of internal events.
- Plan high-profile meetings, including those for senior leadership, board members, and donors.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Blair Search Partners
550 West B Street, 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101