The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913, ADL’s timeless mission is to stop antisemitism and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. For over 40 years, ADL San Diego has served San Diego and Imperial Counties with its unparalleled expertise in the fields of investigating and monitoring extremism, anti-bias education, and communal security. This important work includes:
- Serving tens of thousands of local students, educators, and parents each year through award-winning education programs, such as No Place for Hate, designed to reduce bias on campus.
- Training local law enforcement in Managing Implicit Bias, designed to reduce the influence of bias on interactions and decision-making, improve police-community relations, build mutual respect, and trust, and increase the overall safety for officers and civilians.
- Responding to hundreds of anti-Semitic, extremism, bias, bigotry, or hate, incident reports from community members, working to help victims in the aftermath of hate.
- Providing local Jewish institutions with security briefings and best practices for safety to keep all members of the community safe from acts of hate.
- Building coalitions with partner organizations throughout San Diego County to find meaningful solutions to important issues facing our diverse communities.
For more information, please visit: https://sandiego.adl.org/
Leadership & Culture
At the national level, ADL is led by CEO, Jonathan Greenblatt. Since becoming CEO in July 2015, Jonathan has led incredible innovation in ADL’s programming and operations, enhancing its efforts to combat extremism in all forms. Jonathan is an accomplished leader in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors. He previously served in the White House as Special Assistant to President Obama, and Director of the Office of Social Innovation. He has also been named among the Top 50 Most Influential Leaders in the global Jewish community by The Jerusalem Post. Here in San Diego, the Director of Development will report to ADL Regional Director, Fabienne Perlov, an experienced and passionate leader in diplomacy, humanitarian affairs, and civic rights. The new Director will join a dynamic team of six talented professionals working collaboratively to raise our current $1.6M annual goal for the San Diego region and implement creative strategies that will eventually take us to our $3M goal…and beyond!
Benefits & Features
- Salary: $115,000 – $130,000
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- 15 Paid Days Off
- 15 Paid Sick Days
- 8 Paid National Holidays
- Up to 13 Paid Religious Holidays
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Bravely (third-party coaching)
- Commuter and Transit Benefits
This is a hybrid role, with an office located at 4950 Murphy Canyon Road, #250, San Diego, CA 92123. Some travel may be required.
This is an incredible opportunity for a charismatic relationship-builder, with a passion for social justice! Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director of Development will oversee fundraising for San Diego and Imperial Counties. They will develop and implement a comprehensive development plan, using creative and innovative strategies to increase revenue and diversify ADL San Diego’s fundraising portfolio with a focus on leadership gifts utilizing moves management. This is a highly collaborative role, working in partnership with the local and national teams to optimize donor cultivation and support. The Director will serve as a key thought partner providing strategic and tactical support to local and regional leadership, while overseeing the implementation of local fundraising initiatives and programs.
- Passion for advocacy and social justice, with a strong desire to build a career around making the world a better place for all.
- Demonstrated professional fundraising experience, with a complete end-to-end understanding of fundraising strategies, systems, and processes.
- Experience working directly with individuals, foundations, and corporations to cultivate and solicit gifts at all levels.
- The skills and desire to lead, with a collaborative spirit and strong management skills; demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate staff, board, donors, and volunteers.
- Outstanding communicator; excellent speaking, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on experience with CRM systems / databases, with confidence in analyzing and applying data to shape strategies and achieve goals.
- Salesforce experience and familiarity with San Diego communities is a plus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
ADL is adhering to public health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Shira Jacobs, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 1st Ave, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101