What We Do
We help build the organizations that serve and support our local communities. Blair Search Partners (BSP) is a boutique, highly entrepreneurial, retained executive search and recruiting firm, serving nonprofit and public-sector organizations. Our clients represent almost every area of the sector, including civic and philanthropic institutions, health and human services, education, and the arts. BSP has grown significantly since our founding in 2016, and while the San Diego region remains our base, our work now includes engagements throughout California and occasionally out-of-state as well. Our clients range from start-up 501(c)3 organizations to multibillion dollar government agencies, which retain us to manage search engagements at all levels, including CEOs, directors, managers, program officers and support staff. For additional information about our firm and our clients, please visit: http://blairsearchpartners.com/.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
Hands-on engagement with the local community defines our firm, and each of our 6 team members brings deep connection and experience within the nonprofit sector. BSP invests heavily in ongoing professional development, supporting each team member’s autonomy, work-life-balance, community engagement, personal growth, and career trajectory. Given the nature of our work, it is important that all our team members are connected to the community by engaging with our clients, and actively contributing to nonprofit and civic endeavors. We don’t think of this as the business of recruiting: to us, this is the business of community building. Our focus is to create a highly supportive and collaborative work environment, where our team members can do their very best work.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Estimated salary range: $90,000 – $130,000 (base salary + placement commissions)
- 401K + match and profit sharing program
- Unlimited PTO
- Full employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Professional development tuition
- Board membership reimbursement
This role is hybrid, with office space located at 1855 1st Ave., Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101. Our team comes together in-person a few times per week for key meetings.
Reporting to the CEO, this new team member will have full responsibility for a portfolio of nonprofit client engagements, overseeing the recruitment, evaluation, and placement of candidates at all levels – staff/program positions all the way up to Director, VP and C-level roles. They will be the primary relationship manager for these engagements on both the client and candidate sides, providing unparalleled service and professionalism. The Director will also serve as a strategic consultant and thought partner, assisting our client organizations to navigate key staffing and talent management decisions, and working with candidates through major career choices. As a member of our leadership team, the Director will be involved in almost every aspect of our firm and will be encouraged to actively participate in strategy and business development. This role is designed to be highly visible in the community, representing our work through attendance at community events, fundraisers, client meetings and other engagements.
Given the focus of this position, previous work experience in the areas of nonprofit management, operations, communications, fundraising and/or business development are highly desirable. The most important attributes we look for in potential team members are:
- Commitment to community and civic engagement
- Energy, enthusiasm, and charisma
- Impeccable communication skills (written and oral, public speaking a plus)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through
- Flexibility and dedication
- Self-actualization and commitment to excellence
- Team player
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage search engagements end-to-end.
- Managing client and candidate relations.
- Candidate sourcing through a wide variety of channels, including digital and in-person networking.
- Resume screening and critiquing.
- Interviewing via phone and in-person.
- Researching various organizations and industries.
- Leveraging our CRM system and social media for managing backend search operations.
- Engaging with community-based organizations, serving at the board and committee levels.
- Attending community events, fundraisers and networking engagements.
- Capitalizing on opportunities to help grow the business by connecting with new potential clients wherever possible.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Trevor Blair, CEO, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Ave., Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101