Compensation: $50,000 – $65,000 DOE/neg.
Location: San Diego
Reports to: Reports to: Director of Research & Data Analytics
Blair Search Partners has been retained by the Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation to manage this search engagement.
WHO WE ARE:
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is a 551-bed pediatric care facility and the largest provider of comprehensive pediatric medical services in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties. We are the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare, and the region’s only designated pediatric trauma center. Rady Children’s is ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties surveyed by U.S. News & World Report and has achieved Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence. As a nonprofit organization, Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego relies on the fundraising efforts of its Foundation team to support the mission. Of note, the Foundation’s 2017 Annual Employee Survey, conducted through The Advisory Board Company, scored a 97% employee engagement rating. The Data Analytics Officer position is based within the Foundation. For more information, visit www.radyfoundation.org.
The Data Analytics Officer (DAO) will provide expert support to the Foundation in the areas of data analysis, data management, and business solutions, to help us reach our fundraising goals. She/he will be responsible for creating simple and complex data files, manipulating raw data, and generating ad hoc reports. They will work closely with team members across the organization to better define and understand reporting requirements, and effectively translate technical concepts into reports that are understandable, actionable and timely. The DAO will work closely with the Director to create and maintain detailed analytics related to 1) donations, 2) donors and prospects, 3) management metrics, and 4) giving trends. The main strategic priorities for this position over the next year are:
- Database Maintenance – maintain over 290,000 records by performing data cleanup, ensuring gifts are coded correctly, reducing duplication, and back coding historical gifts to match current gift structure.
- Support the Grateful Patient Family Program – manage the records for the program, which currently consists of 17,000 records and expected to increase to 70,000 within the next few years. This includes importing and exporting data to and from Raiser’s Edge using Omatic software; ImportOmatic, List Management and SegmentOmatic.
- Support the Auxiliary units – maintain the databases for the approximately 30 Auxiliary units, which are primarily web-based platforms.
- Queries – develop a solid understanding of database queries, reports, exports and begin building and running them effectively.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Data Analytics – Create simple and complex data files, manipulate raw data, and generate ad hoc reports.
- Data Migration and Management – Work collaboratively with Foundation officers to ensure donor data remains current, clean, and manageable. Provide technical support for the Donor Services team as needed. Provide recommendations for enhancing data management and integrity.
- Business Solutions – Review and analyze program issues, and make recommendations to improve system performance and cost savings. Provide appropriate support to develop and implement special features and/or updates. Serve as a department and/or organizational resource for problem solving. Evaluate and analyze tracking program strengths and weaknesses at appropriate intervals, and develop corrective measures as needed.
- System Maintenance – Provide customer service and support for Foundation end-users. Monitor the system to maintain a high level of data integrity. Coordinate & participate in review, revisions, changes, enhancements, testing, and documentation. Act as a liaison between vendors and Foundation staff to resolve system issues and/or to enhance user performance.
- Special Projects and Assignments – Create and execute special projects and/or ad hoc reports as assigned by department leadership. Generate year-end tax summary statements and annual year-end surveys.
- Training and Documentation – Assist in maintaining policies and procedures around data management and general user training. Assist in training of development officers and staff, as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Industry experience – at least 3 years of data management/analytics experience.
- Technical skills – hands-on experience working with CRM systems and fundraising software (Blackbaud products, and specifically Raiser’s Edge, strongly preferred).
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to listen to, connect with and inspire a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Gift processing – experience with best practices for accepting and managing donations; experience with planned giving preferred.
- Administration – proven administration skills and extremely high attention to detail; experience with accounting/bookkeeping preferred.
- Communication skills – strong writing and speaking skills.
- Time management – the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities accordingly.
- Business acumen – understands data flow and work processes.
- Education – bachelor’s degree at minimum.
ATTRIBUTES & WORK STYLE:
- Meticulous – extremely detail-oriented.
- Growth mindset – interested in growing and developing with the organization, hungry to learn.
- Data focus – enjoys working with data to support business outcomes.
- Patient – ability to dedicate large amounts of time and focus to process data sets.
- Proactive – anticipates current and future Foundation requirements around data management.
- Team player – thrives on being part of a team with open communication.
- Ownership – comfortable working independently, and takes responsibility for any mistakes and proactively develops solutions.
- Creativity – enjoys finding new solutions to existing opportunities, and welcomes new ideas.
- Strategic – superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Liliane Lendvai, Director: Liliane@blairsearchpartners.com
550 West B Street, Fourth Floor, San Diego, CA 92101