Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 DOE/neg.
Locations: San Diego, CA.
Reports To: Director of Philanthropic Operations
Works With: Chief Development Officer, Volunteer Specialist, Activities and Administration Officer, PR & Marketing Coordinator, Event Manager
Corporate Relations Manager
Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 DOE/neg.
We are dedicated to creating a brighter future for foster children in San Diego County. A nonprofit organization, Promises2Kids was originally founded over 35 years ago as the Child Abuse Prevention Foundation of San Diego County. Since 1981, we have responded to the needs of foster children and provided support to children removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect. Each year we provide over 3,000 current and former foster youth in San Diego County with the tools, opportunities, and guidance they need to overcome significant life challenges, and grow into healthy, happy and successful adults. We deliver services through our 4 core programs: The A.B and Jessie Polinsky Children’s Center, Camp Connect, Guardian Scholars and Foster Funds. Since our inception, we have distributed nearly $25 million for the care and protection of abused and neglected children and provided services for more than 200,000 children in need. To learn more, please visit: https://promises2kids.org/.
The Corporate Relations Manager (CRM) is a newly created role, reporting to our Director of Philanthropic Operations and collaborating with team members across the organization, including development, programs and operations. Serving as a frontline fundraiser, the CRM is responsible for developing corporate and community support for Promises2Kids’ program activities and fundraising events, including youth conferences and our youth holiday events, as well as our annual golf tournament, food and wine benefit, concert gala, and other signature events. The CRM will manage a portfolio of 50-100 prospective corporate donors and sponsors in various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. They will work to establish authentic and meaningful relationships with our corporate supporters, enabling us to reach our overall organization growth target of $6M annually.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of Promises2Kids’ priorities in order to create accurate and compelling case statements and sponsorship opportunities with prospective supporters.
- Advocate for Promises2Kids in a variety of public and private forums.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive annual corporate development plan including stewardship events and fundraising opportunities.
- Apply a moves management methodology and data tracking to corporate sponsor development.
- Manage relationships with sponsors/donors in various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Engage new and existing donor prospects, community organizations, corporations and foundations to develop event sponsorships, volunteerism, and program support.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals with a focus on gifts at the $10K level and above, including unrestricted gifts, restricted gifts, employee giving campaigns and event sponsorships.
- Provide excellent customer service to sponsors, supporters and prospects; work closely with the marketing and program staff to ensure donors are provided with appropriate sponsorship benefits.
- Develop and manage the plan for revenue line items for each program or fundraising event including but not limited to: sponsorships, reservations/tickets, auction items, and opportunity drawings.
- Manage annual revenue projections, expense budgets and post-event reconciliation for events.
- Represent Promises2Kids at events and community activities; work occasional evenings and weekends to attend and support events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years of fundraising or business development experience, with a strong understanding of relationship development strategies and tactics.
- Successful track record of working with corporate donors, individual donors and third-party organizations/community partners.
- The ability to listen to, connect with, and inspire a wide range of stakeholders such as sponsors, volunteers, donors, and program partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, representing Promises2Kids to a variety of people in a positive and professional manner.
- Articulate, poised, and possesses strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy as and when situations might require.
- Collaborative and thrives being part of a close-knit team.
- Detail-oriented, but also values the “big picture”, remaining focused on established, long-term goals.
- Works efficiently under pressure, prioritizing tasks and responsibilities accordingly.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and complete and report on assignments.
- Exceptional organizational, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Understands data flow, work processes, and project management, in addition to nonprofit practices.
- Ability to project and manage financial budgets.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Salesforce highly desirable.
- Can make frequent trips by personal vehicle as external meetings may require.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO APPLY
Sarah Thompson, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Ave, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101