Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Founder
Direct reports: none
Please note: extensive work experience and community engagement within the San Diego, Orange County and/or Los Angeles regions is required.
WHO WE ARE:
Our mission is to build the San Diego region’s talent base by 1) recruiting the highest caliber talent from across the nation to our region and 2) retaining talented individuals here in San Diego by connecting them with the right career opportunities at the right time. We are a boutique, highly entrepreneurial, retained executive search and recruiting firm, serving nonprofit, corporate, and public-sector clients. We offer a unique specialization and unparalleled experience serving not-for-profit organizations in the San Diego and Orange County areas. Our clients range from start-up organizations to major government entities, which retain us to manage search engagements at all levels, including C-level, director, manager, and program/staff levels. For additional information about our firm and our clients, please visit: http://blairsearchpartners.com/.
Blair Search Partners is based in Downtown San Diego, in the stunning Downtown Works building. We invest heavily in ongoing professional development opportunities, and believe in each team member’s autonomy, work-life-balance, community engagement, personal development and career trajectory. Given the nature of our work, it is important that each of us are connected to the community by engaging with our clients, and actively contributing to nonprofit and civic endeavors. We don’t think of this as the business of recruiting: to us, this is the business of community building.
As a boutique firm of 5 team members (3 full-time and 2 remote), we seek a Recruiting Manager who will be involved in almost every aspect of our firm. She/he will work closely with our firm’s Principal & Founder, as well as our Operations Manager, Talent Manager and Accounting & Administration Manager. However, the primary focus for this position revolves around a portfolio of search engagements including the recruitment, evaluation, and placement of candidates at all levels – staff/program positions all the way up to Director and C-level roles. The Recruiting Manager will also serve as the primary point of client contact for these engagements, providing unparalleled service and professionalism. In addition, she/he will play an active part in developing business strategy and will be highly visible in the community, representing our firm by attending networking events, fundraisers, client meetings and other engagements.
Although it would be preferable to have experience in recruiting, nonprofit management/operations, fundraising and/or business development, the most important criteria for our firm are:
- Commitment to community and civic engagement
- Energy, enthusiasm and charisma
- Impeccable communication skills (written and oral, public speaking a plus)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through
- Flexibility and dedication
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Managing client and candidate relations.
- Candidate sourcing through a wide variety of channels, including digital and in-person networking.
- Resume screening and critiquing.
- Interviewing via phone and in-person.
- Preparing candidate profiles and submitting documents to clients.
- Conducting reference checks.
- Researching various organizations and industries.
- Organizing and maintaining client and candidate files.
- Engaging with community-based organizations, serving at the board and committee levels.
- Attending community events, fundraisers and networking engagements.
- Capitalizing on opportunities to help grow the business by connecting with new potential clients wherever possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- A “people person” through and through.
- Familiarity with the San Diego, Orange County and/or Los Angeles regions.
- Demonstrated commitment to community and civic engagement.
- Growth mindset; comfortable with disruptive thinking and embraces challenges.
- High level of emotional intelligence, with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set and drive priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and utilize data and information.
- Exceptional strategic, analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Patient and savvy relationship builder.
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Quick, nimble and flexible work style.
- Willingness to jump in and assist colleagues with a variety of tasks across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in business or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in recruiting, nonprofit management/operations, fundraising and/or business development is extremely helpful.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Trevor Blair, Principal & Founder, Blair Search Partners
550 West B Street, 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101